Friday, October 22, 2004

I have a problem

I don't know who to root for in the World Series. I am an American League guy, but this year I have a dilemma. I was 100% behind Boston during the ALCS because they were playing New York. Anybody but the Yankees, I always say. But........since St. Louis made it into the Series and I have two sons living in Missouri and are Cardinal fans, I feel somewhat of a loyality to them. That is a plus for the Cards. However, they are still a National League team. That is a minus for them. Then there is Boston, which I think is still in Massachusettts, the home of two very liberal Senators, Kerry and Kennedy, who are Red Socks fans. That is a big minus for Boston. Although Kerry, who claims to be their #1 fan, probably couldn't name their starting lineup and even had to be reminded who their manager is. That is a big plus for rooting for Boston. In 2001, I had no problem rooting for the National League team, the Arizona Diamondbacks, because they were playing the Yankees, plus I have a daughter living there. But, that still doesn't help me this year. What am I going to do? The Series starts Saturday and I will have to decide before then. This weighs heavily on me because I am sure that my choice will effect the outcome.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?